The first course is the
VMware vSphere: What's New v6.7 to v7
In this three-day, hands-on training course, you will learn the new features and enhancements in VMware vCenter Server 7 and VMware ESXi 7.
Real-world use-case deployment scenarios, hands-on lab exercises, and lectures teach you the skills that you need to effectively implement and configure VMware vSphere 7.
This course is recommended for delegates who want to deploy vSphere 7 in their existing vSphere environment.
Is is expected that you will either have attended previous version training on VMware vSphere, or you will have the necessary experience of install, designing, and maintaining the previous versions of VMware vSphere
On this course you will cover
- List and describe the importance of key features and enhancements in vSphere 6.7 update releases and vSphere 7
- Determine the proper upgrade path for a vCenter Server instance and upgrade VMware vCenter Server Appliance to version 7
- Migrate a Windows vCenter Server system to vCenter Server Appliance 7
- Manage and update VM templates located in content libraries
- Use Identity Federation to configure vCenter Server to use Microsoft ADFS
- Use the VMware vSphere Client to manage certificates
- Describe vCenter Server, VMware ESXi, storage, network, virtual machine, and security enhancements in vSphere 7
- Use VMware vSphere Trust Authority to secure the infrastructure for encrypted VMs
- Demonstrate the Quickstart feature of the ESXi cluster
- Recognize improvements to VMware vSphere Distributed Resource Scheduler
- Use vSphere Lifecycle Manager to manage vSphere deployments, updates, and configurations
- Discuss the purpose and capabilities of VMware vSphere® with Kubernetes and how it fits into the VMware Tanzu portfolio
For an overview of what's covered on the course, watch Joe Coopers video.