The next course is the
VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage v7
This five-day course features intensive hands-on training that focuses on installing, configuring, and managing VMware vSphere 7.
This includes VMware ESXi 7 and VMware vCenter Server 7.
This course prepares you to administer a vSphere infrastructure for an organisation of any size. This course is the foundation for most of the other VMware technologies in the software-defined data center.
The course covers the following objectives
• Describe the software-defined data center (SDDC)
• Explain the vSphere components and their function in the infrastructure
• Install and configure VMware ESXi hosts
• Deploy and configure VMware vCenter Server Appliance
• Use VMware vSphere Client to manage the vCenter Server inventory and the vCenter Server
• Manage, monitor, back up, and protect vCenter Server Appliance
• Create virtual networks with vSphere standard switches
• Describe the storage technologies supported by vSphere
• Configure virtual storage using iSCSI and NFS storage
• Create and manage VMware vSphere VMFS datastores
• Use the vSphere Client to create virtual machines, templates, clones, and snapshots
• Create a content library and deploy virtual machines from templates in the library
• Manage virtual machine resource use
• Migrate virtual machines with VMware vSphere vMotion and VMware vSphere Storage vMotion
• Create and manage a vSphere cluster that is enabled with VMware vSphere High Availability and
VMware vSphere Distributed Resource Scheduler
• Discuss solutions for managing the vSphere life cycle
• Use VMware vSphere Update Manager to apply patches and perform upgrades to ESXi hosts and
For more information about the course, please watch Joe Cooper overview video.