However VMware have their NSX product and I always encourage people to look at products that may make their systems and operations more efficient.
With this in mind I's recommend looking at the following free course:
Introduction to Network Virtualization with NSX
The course is free of charge and only takes 3 hours to work through and covers the following topics.
- Explain the role of network virtualization in the software-defined data center
- Explain the fundamentals of physical networking
- Obtain an overview of vSphere networking
- Explain the architecture, features, and use cases of NSX
- Evolution of the Software-Defined Data Center
- Introduction to Physical Networking
- Introduction to vSphere Networking
- Introduction to NSX